Monday 10 March 2014

The Youngsters


        Alexander Wang, Olivier Rousteing, Jason Wu, Mary Katranzou, Christopher Kane -  these are some of the loudest names of the current "young & already succesfull" generation. I love the fact that in their thirties (some of them are still in their late twenties) they are already on the high level among of the greatest old school maestros.
        Their designs are innovative, fresh, yet sophisticated with this pinch of timeless elegance. Some of them are ruling their own brands and other are giving a rebirth to world's famous high fashion houses.  It's such an inspiring process watching those youngster setting trends and getting those houses to the top again.
        This time I'd like to focus on current creative director of Balmain - Olivier Rousteing. His last ready-to-wear SS 2014 blowed many minds, including mine.

Those spectacular pieces made people remember his name. I absolutely loved the combination of houndstooth pattern, black leather and golden chains. It impressed me that much, that I tried to recreate this look myself. You can see the result below. Also, I'd like you to notice houndstooth pattern on denim.... In combination with golden chains. I mean, this is actually brilliant. Last thing I loved about this collection are dresses. Especially the one Saskia de Brauw wore. Sophisticated, yet incredibly sexy pink dress with belt, which compliments the waist line, and golden details.
I was wearing:
coat, dress, necklace - Zara
bag - Ferré
sunglasses - Tod's

No comments:

Post a Comment